If you are a jelly lover, this vegetarian strawberry jelly recipe is a winner.
It contains Clearspring Agar flakes (available in most supermarkets) which is a naturally gelatinous substance derived from sea vegetables. It works in the body like a laxative, stimulating the gut and so may be beneficial if you suffer from constipation.
2 Cups Strawberries
1 Cup Pressed Apple Juice
1.5 tbsp Agar Flakes
- Place the strawberries and apple juice in a blender and blend until smooth
- Pour into a saucepan and sprinkle over the agar flakes
- Gently heat the liquid to a simmer without stirring and then continue to simmer for 3-5 mins, stirring occasionally until all the flakes have dissolved
- Pour into ramekins and leave to cool and set
- For best results, test recipe by taking a spoonful of the heated mix and allowing it to set rapidly on a cool surface. If the mixture does not set, add a further 0.5tbsp of agar flakes and simmer for a few more minutes